Robert Guerrero believes it’s gods will that he “humbles” Floyd.
"When you believe, amazing things happen," Guerrero said. "I’m telling you all now that I am going to beat him. I believe God does things for a reason. I believe he put me here to humble Floyd Mayweather, and it is going to happen."
Later, he said, “I look at myself as a modern-day David and Floyd is Goliath. Armies feared Goliath, and David walked out with a slingshot and some pebbles. Floyd says, ‘I’m the best ever, nobody can beat me.’ When you exalt yourself, the Lord will humble you.”
And it is clear that Guerrero, who turns 30 on Wednesday, believes he is the man to do the job for that higher power. “Floyd is going to be befuddled,” the Cali boxer said. “He’s not going to know what’s going on.”
*Personally I’m not a fan of athletes who say that god wants ‘them’ to win. It’ll be interesting to see how religious @ghostboxing will be after the fight if he gets beat by @FloydMayweather.
9 Notes/ Hide
- lambdachiordie likes this
- jasalinaszy reblogged this from boxingfanatik
- lewisburgstmary likes this
- jrock30 likes this
- sickasscelluloid likes this
- xowanderluuuuust reblogged this from asdfcriiiis
- xowanderluuuuust likes this
- asdfcriiiis reblogged this from boxingfanatik and added:
- asdfcriiiis likes this
- nateroo likes this
- boxingfanatik posted this